Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Swimming is so great! I am so glad I learned to swim when I was a kid! I was really not a good swimmer at first but I kept working at it after I was done with lessons. Finally I started to get better and better. During my first year of college at Biola I took a Lifeguard swimming course for PE and got my Lifeguard certificate. One of my accomplishments in swimming was swimming underwater the entire width of the Caveman Pool! It has been interesting and fun to help our eight children learn to swim! Terell & I did a lot of helping them and letting them work on it in between playing in the water. We took them to swim lessons at the Caveman, swim lessons with Vic and Winnie Fedosky, swim lessons at Mryna Shaneyfelts, swim lessons at the Y, and fun times at various times. Myrna was their favorite teacher. She has a nice pool right beside her house and it is just right for Moms &/or Dads to bring the kids and watch their little ones while she teaches the bigger ones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At The Door Bowdoin Bulletin 2023

August 30, 2015

December 2011