Thursday, September 3, 2009

We have a Cross Country Meet here at New Hope today so Terell & David are extra busy, and have been before this. Petersons graded the track so that is nice! We will be serving hamburgers grilled on the barbeque.
ESL class is interesting. My SIL background - one summer of study at the Summer Institute of Linguistics at the University of North Dakota - gives me a different approach - I want to first look at their language and how it works and then come back to English and teach from there. Every language is different. Just looking at the book and the next sentence doesn't come anywhere near being how I look at it. Obviously the ideal is not totally possible to start with but I will be working toward that. Josh would understand totally. I just need to look at Korean, Chinese, and Vietnamese since we have kids from those countries. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At The Door Bowdoin Bulletin 2023

August 30, 2015

December 2011