Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Dad, Harold Francis Martin!!! He is 89 years old today. He was born on November 17, 1920, in Rogue River, Oregon. His Dad, George Paulin Martin, was born in Jamaica in 1886 of missionary parents who came to Jamaica from Scotland. The Martin home where my Dad was born is about a half mile from the bridge on Rogue River Highway, Highway 99. It is on the right. They had a barn on the river side until a flood took it down the river. My Dad is the fourth boy of five boys, James, Robert, George, Harold, Edward. I think Daddy was the tallest, or second tallest. Uncle Bob was really tall also. Grandma Frances Martin was a teacher/Principal at Rogue River Elementary before staying home with the big family of boys! And today we cousins keep in touch via Facebook! Cousins from each of the boys are on Facebook except for Uncle Bob's branch (as far as I know) so we are hoping for them soon. And I learned from Terell's Dad that we only call God our Father, and our earthly Dad is our Dad. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At The Door Bowdoin Bulletin 2023

August 30, 2015

December 2011